Monday, July 23, 2012

THE DRAGONS OF MONTANA FUENTES


ECO LIFESTYLE, COUNTRY LIVING..... 

Do you know that the local dragon-the monitor lizard we know  locally as HALO, eats only fruits? not even insects, rodent or bird finds its way to its stomach...it eats mostly fruits..

I knew that a bunch or a brigade of this HALO and IBID (gray monitor lizards) live deep inside the tree plantation of my farm. The farm has two rivers that joined together like a "Y" shape down on the barrio road that cut a little on my mahogany and gemelina trees. With a certain degree of rugged terrain and suitable habitat, surely these  dragons undisturbed, breed and live  happily ...

UNTIL ONE DAY............................ 

"Lagriiiinggggg...!!!! pagdali Day, ug pangitag ihampak nimo, kay naay dakong HALO nga hingkat-kat sa lube!!!! pagdali, kay basin ug unhan ta ug kopras sa kanahan..!!!!!!!! I shouted at my house helper when all of the sudden I saw a yellowish figure slowly climbing to one of the coconut trees in the garden.

I remembered the last month's copra harvest, when I supposed to start harvesting coconuts for copra in my farm...the price was high then. Early in the morning I went to the farm and was so shocked that some local kawatan were already there last night in darkness and took all the coconuts!!! they even make LUGIT in the tree grounds." Mga animal na mga kawatan...grabee jud, kung makita-an jud mo nako ...aaa maluthangan jud mo!!! mga way batasan!!..I said to myself dismayed and sad upon looking the remains of the thieves.

I never thought about the dragon's need that time...I thought nature and man were trespassing my property. My compassion about the food chain was out in my logic. It was a fightback in my oppressed living against aggressors. And it just happened when a slimey soft noiseless predator(was it the HALO or me?) confronted me.

" Lagrimas, naunsa man ka....nganong salingsing mana imong dala? pangitag dos por dos aron matablawan kanang mambad...animal!!!!!...hello! mangopras ka????? katilaw jud kag hampak. Bokboka ang punoan Lagring aron mokanaog kanang halo!!!!", I was so excited on giving her instructions.

" Hala, pangitag bato ug labaya kana sya...dali.....! Sir. lisod man targeton ang halo... wow..kabanga ba nimo , concentreyt ba, pataka lang pod kag labay!!!!!!....ug sa dihang naigo ang halo sa iyang bato.

The dragon was hit on his stomach and suddenly decided not to continue his buko salad eating session..arggghhhh....
I saw him let off and made a free-fall gymnastic style  NADIA COMANECI FALL ON THE BAR.....!!!!

"WAAAAAHHHHH.... Lagriiiiiing...nahulog ang halo hampaka dayon ug DOS POR DOS porsanto....ang kuneho, por dos, este por dyos por santo, santa barbara, santa catalina santa inez...nakaka inis...bweset na Lagring...pagkaaaatalawan , midagan ug kusog milayat sa koral sa Montana , murag mapilde jud si Sulaiman, katong questionable ang gender nga runner sa national MEET!!!!.

In a split of a second Lagring was gone......
The dragon's  free- fall acrobatic made a strong impression, but......nalipong ug nakuyapan jud hinoon ang halo ug mga 5 minutes(hahahahahahah!!!). Ikaw daw mahulog sa taas nga lube...kuyapan jud ka di ba?...............


I was dumbed and awed by the bad directorial debut of my film- ang KWANGGOL NA LAGRING VS. THE HALO. WHAT HAPPENED NOW?...Yay, I thought the halo will die, and me leaving guilty about the situation....ah ok, me and my so selfish being....konsensya to the max....parang the HALO JUST WANTED HIS FRESH BUKO MERIENDA LANG NAMAN.

And miracle happened...ay buhay diay sya....Lagriiiimas.....asa naman ka pagdali kwanggol kay buhi pa ang buko salad loveeer....! JUICE  ko naman Lagring nganong talawan man ka..and my gawd!!!! nganong gatago man ka sa gumamela tree..........hello!!!!!!!!!!

What to do then, a bad situation and a bad cast of characters....a  HALO and Lagring...plus me the director.

Nature and Man. ...a fight for survival INSTINCT- both working between them...........NO WINNER.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!!!! I love this. I am enjoying this more than any other blogs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... Funny! I love you already.... whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete