Thursday, July 26, 2012

Local Wednesday Market Trip

 COUNTRY LIVING 


I love LIMONAN, a nearby village of San Miguel town on the highway going to Pagadian City from my farm. Every Wednesday, as it has been my  weekly ritual  going there on early mornings to buy local fresh vegetables and local goods from the natives.

Driving through the provincial highway while sightseeing the landscape especially the mountains on the side of the road gave me  my kind of emotional destressing, sort of... my escape.



 I keep going back to Limonan as if I'm in Baguio City's Sunday Market....it's my kind of ethnical recharge. Mountains to me are my therapy, my poetry, my painting, my art and my breathing space.


 This is my way of connecting myself, of unwinding, communing with nature, exploring the terrain and absorbing the earth's energy through meeting local people and nature's produce in a market by the mountain.Aside from local van transport and few private vehicles on the highway, the morning trips were breathtaking route, from misty green hills, the colors change as the morning rays of the sun perched every coconut trees.



My journey will never be complete without exploring its WEDNESDAY MARKET. Locally produced fruits and vegetables are visual sights aside from local handicrafts.Hawking their wares at the top of their voices, the diminutive vendors selling avocados, ripe bananas and the freshly roasted corns...the cacophony that ensues as a stall-holder cries out to drum up business. To me, LIMONAN is truly a slice of heaven, simply because I love the sheer abundance of fresh choices.It is also a great place to be a shutterbug; there's always interesting activity to shoot.


And for a different kind of thrill, you can try local delicacies like puto, budbud, bingka, chikalang, pintos and binignit.

 Going home, I prepared all the fresh vegetables and together with fresh prawns from the nearby fish farm, cooked my favorite SINIGANG NA HIPON SA GULAY....so mouthwatering indeed, surely Wednesdays will always be my favorite native FOOD DAYS...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment