Sunday, July 29, 2012

COMING HOME......Again


It's my travelling back home once again,  another bewitching  time on my emotional snaps down memory lane. It is some sort of my recharging journey to connect once again my innerself  to a place called..home.
Why going home is still very emotional moment  for me then.....It's like me in a period movie...something sepia...some edgy cinematic pictures almost an entry to a vintage film festival.


 Dusky frame with monochromatic  shades of brownish gold landscape while an impatient sun perched in a corner of mountain trees waiting  in the wings of Mother Earth for its exit cue. It's my own version of "The Way We Were"  reverie. But back in time was just a year ago, where I saw trees, animals, my farm, mountain jeep, horses and water buffalos.



I don't dwell in the past...I am a present/ future tense in a sentence, yet here I am with confused emotions. After a longish spell lost in my thoughts, I know the answer...I simply miss all the good things in my life....my son and  Home.
 
My   travel back home involves more than just being there at the Philippine Fashion Week last May 2012, exploring cuisine at Morato and sipping coffee at Greenbelt, landscape, nightlife, art, fashion, music.
More even enjoying the breath of fresh air in the mountain mist..it's my embraces to my love ones, a bonding moment  deeply catalogued in my memory bank,  so looking back, it will be another sepia coloured Kodak moments in some vintage  film festival on my mind.



As a fashion designer and artist  I often travel for inspiration, or to find myself. Or even to change  by load-shedding previous inhibitions and ways of being. Sometimes using  other journeys  as mirrors to the ones I  have left behind. Here, my  destination gives me  a new relish of life  to look at the world, and perhaps myself, differently.
So  who needs  Paris to give my  imagination a free reign, let me  put it cogently: ‘One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of connection.”

No comments:

Post a Comment