Thursday, January 3, 2013

j'adore le PARIS.....!!!!!!

 Staying at Le Marais in Paris


We arrived Paris on late afternoon by taxi from Gare du Nord, the busiest train station in Europe.Taking Euro star train from Dover in the United Kingdom where we spent two weeks in London, my friends decided to go Paris and feel the good life, so I said, why not? Gay Paris...here we come!. Our  Euro Channel  trip was flawless and smooth, and it was such an exhilerating experience. I love Paris, and I adore Le Marais, an old area in the heart of the city of Haute Couture. I was so reluctant to stay there, it was a friend's idea that on our Parisian  sojourn, it's Le Marais or nothing.Wow.
 
Le Marais

Our hotel  was at Rue Sainte-Croix de la Bretonnerie, and old three storey  building with a real old Parisian structure, I was about to cry, why can't we stay in a  more hip and newly built hotel like the one I stayed on my last trip? The winding century old stairs was for me agonizing, I carried my luggage way up to the third floor. My goodness...I uttered helplessly, knowing there was no more time to look for other hotel and it was getting darker.
Le Claireur-Paris/Le Marais

The area was bustling with tourist but for a good reason, the streets are full of boutiques and classic restaurant. The buildings are old and beautiful and the whole district is full of real, old style Parisian atmosphere.
open cafe-le marais
 

Many cafes are located in this area,  an oasis to the night lovers, the good life seekers, you can do all that you imagine in Le Marais.The short distance walk to the city center and the main atrractions makes Le Marais the most chic and trendy area in the french capital.

Our hotel room was typical, with french  windows just perfect with the best views on the activities down on the road, it was a very charming neighborhood. We just walked  to Notre Dame, The Left Bank, Pompidou, Hotel de Ville and the Louvre.

 Le Marais means outdoor cafe life,  you can’t walk one block in Paris without coming across an outdoor cafe  and many of the corner cafes set up their tables and chairs auditorium style, where the street life becomes the stage.  On early morning I still could smell the aroma of freshly baked bread though our french laced windows.

Paris is all about walking  just about anywhere in the city and feel alive, secured and often, be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment