Tuesday, January 8, 2013

the CAPITAL HAUTENESS....

Manila is a city where surprises are wrapped in an unpretentious boxes – amid streets that have unexpected scenes tucked away, people that reflects a cohesive life and living, and smells and voices that have a tale to tell.

I have been pushing off writing this article for the longest time, finally, somehow, even after all that had been said and done about it, a blank page is probably the starting point because once the first words get written, you’ve embarked on a bit of an adventure…one that may end in disaster, or glory, or both.

 
The city frees me in a way that no other city does. It makes the blank page an invitation. It makes the words appear from nowhere. It makes me clever and creative, witty and funny, and if I’m in Seattle's Best on a lazy summer day at Greenbelt Makati, with a cappuccino, it also makes me very stylish. No, really.

Why does Manila inspire me so? Why do the crowds give me place to think? Why does the noise facilitate the poetry? I don’t know. I just know that some of the places I am going to talk about in the next few paragraphs make writer’s block a piece of fiction. These are the places I go to for inspiration....

While Manila gave me the emotional quotient, Makati is my style therapy especially my favorite eco-fashion retail mall- Greenbelt. I love this place, this is where Covent Garden, Champs Elysees, Avenue Montaigne rolled into one.



My scripts always start and end with characters. Drama, comedy, pathos, all are born from and expressed through characters. And Seattle's Best Cafe is one place ever where I meet characters, starting with a virtual FB friend Bang Pineda, one beautiful person whom I am at ease with. Dressed in gray track fabric cargoes,and armed with Louis Vuitton classic bag as he paints his nonchalant smile, along with his incredible cosmopolitan urban manners, I was mermerized. This guy really displayed the grain, the texture of CHIC pinoy.

 

To toast some more, and then a little....I roam around between Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Ferragmos and the Zara...and feeling so at home.My style barometer roused up notches...
The tall trees and fabulous gardens of tropical orchids and bushes..made me feel more on an eco themed habitat of what is modern living......all about.


with my friendliness...monsieur Noli Onate

No comments:

Post a Comment