Saturday, December 29, 2012

YACHTING THE GOOD LIFE........



I sprawled myself on a fabulous yacht sailing away from Dubai Yacht Club. A friend  hosted a little boat party on that morning  cruising across Dubai Creek  with a champagne flute in hand and the sun shining gently overhead, we decided that life is most fabulous. Mr. RICH, owned  the boat.


 Before the Armani, the Burj, the Palm, Dubai during the 90's was already  about the good life....unknown mostly from the rest of the world, Dubai was already a city that breathes luxury.
  



Built on two levels,the boat  fitted with two cabins encased in rich leather, high-end furniture and flamboyant fabrics, promises you a cruise of a lifetime. As you float on board, you may sunbath on the open deck while you indulge in relaxing mood of sight seeing the creek.
  

As we sailed  back into the club docking port from our trip to Ras Al Khaima, up close while he was navigating the boat, out from the blues, I asked him how did he earn his "first million".He was so surprised with my question, almost embarrassed, I said I'm sorry.Then, to my astonishment, he laughed heavily and told me it was  alright.I said to myself, my gowhnish....me and my big mouth!

He  paused for a while, maybe thinking how he would answer my intruding question. You Mister Butz, you are   the first ever person  asking me about my finances" he says.
 "I earned my first million writing a book. A book about Bruce Lee, about kung fu" he sighs, as we transferred to the lounge on the upper deck.
  
"So did you really earn a million on a crazy kung fu book?"  I naughtily asked  him back.
'No.........hahahahaha...he laughs, you creep!!!!!, it was my dyeing factory, tons of fabrics dyed in different colors, earned my second million!" he grins.
  
Again without batting an eyelash, I asked him " Then how did you earn your second million?........."
 He paused for a little while and answered me with too much angst on his face, "My second million was too difficult to earn....I was expanding my hard-earned money to some new business ventures, he says. It was risk- gain strategies....I lost some and gain some....but I fought with strong determination."
Then a question so easy to answer took him almost two hours to relate something all about his personal life...!
 ...then there was a complete silence.
  
  Between sipping orange juice and enjoying the view of the panoramic Dubai, he asked me, ' Would you ask me how I earned my third million?.........!!!!
  
And I said, "No"
....and he said "WHY?
I said no need, Mr RICH GUY,........!!!!! THE FIRST MILLION was your most crucial, putting the hardwork, the push and the determination..............
The second MILLION was your journey into becoming someone who wanted to be SOMEONE......
THE THIRD, THE FOURTH ..THE FIFTH ....are the fruits of your ambitions......!!!!!!!(arggghh!, wow..you were just making me green!!) lol........!!!!

 As  I was saying??????.........when in Rome...?

POST SCRIPT:
Later, me and Mr.RICH become friends...and I was always in his boat, that I become so burnt black ..yucks!!!! and everytime I was in his boat a picture of images kept flashing in my mind....

 Me in a little wooden boat with my father paddling on a tranquil river early morning mist going to our fish ponds. I love the fog...the the small fishes jumping on our way, the white birds perching on the magrove trees....the  soft breeze.....the bond between me and my father. Ahhhhhh....that was my moments, that was my good life!!!!..........cheers! and happy holidays!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment