Friday, August 3, 2012

my BREAKFAST AT MOUNT TIMOLAN





The majestic Mt.  Timolan in Tigbao, Zamboanga del Sur, promises an exciting morning trip as we started  early at dawn. I was wearing a light weight DKNY jacket, cargo shorts, Ralph Lauren white tee, with matching black cap and low-cut Nike rubber shoes. The rest of the team of five wore their normal self except Baste who felt a little cold even with jacket. He was wrapped 
around with Kashmiri wool blanket with Lacoste cap to cover his head.
Famous for its rugged river trails, lush forests, exciting rock climbs, exotic rare flora and wild birds, the Mt. Timolan trip and adventure gave a new meaning to the expression" getting there is simply half the fun."...and the home of the smallest primate--tarsiers.


The road was still enveloped with fog as we drove past the barangays of Legarda Uno up to Legarda Dos. Jojo- the cook of the adventure prepared all the home made food the previous night.

" Dong Jojo wa ba nimo kalimti and adobong manok? ang thermos, plato, kutsara posporo, katong ice box sa bugnaw nga Coke, Nescafe Gold, gatas ug pritong bulad 
plus nilung-ag nga head rice?, I asked while I looking at the back of the jeep.

"Kumpleto tanan tiyo, ako pong gidala ang tulo ka sipi nga hinog tundan, katong imong gipalit sa Limonan, nagdala pod mig sugbaanan sa bangus ug nukos nga ako nang namarinate gabii," was his long and precise reply. Everybody knows that organized trip will always be my agenda and will be written and followed by the team to the last detail, 3 days before the trip.




There is no light travel for me. I want my adobong manok well cooked and complete with correct ingredients. I bought my secret adobong manok items from People's grocery - RENO LIVER SPREAD and bayleaves to be added especially for the adobo. Everbody murmured as they asked how half of the vehicle was full of food compartment.


 They all wondered and thought why. I don't simply eat anywhere along the trip, my discerning palate craves for a style cooking-complete and mouth watering. But I confess, I am neurotic, I don't eat carinderias along the streets...hadlok kaayo ko ma hepa....hahahahaha... even the spoon and fork I brought for myself only. My one galloon mineral water at my side always.



As we reached  the left road going to Tigbao from Dumalinao, the fog got thicker and the wind was colder. My team began to quiver and start covering themselves with "trapal". Having experienced the coldest Mt. Titlis in Switzerland on my previous European travel, the mild coldness was a welcome bath of fresh cold air for me...my Khasmiri scarf gave me the necessary comfort.


 Descending the winding road in Upper Nilo, the sight of thick clouds at the top most of Mt. Timolan was a visual to behold. " Duol na ta, makit-an na nato ang tumoy sa Timolan" I said as I kept slowy my driving down the winding road.




I selected a rightful spot just opposite the mountain to have our breakfat just on the jeep. The white egrets flocked on the golden miles of yellow terrain of ricefields on the foot of the mystical mountain. The morning sun started on the east while we experienced the spiritual and colorful transformation of daylight. I drink coffee, hot coffee with small portion of hot rice, pritong bulad nga dangit with fresh tomatoes in patis. 


An additional fried egg was served in my plate. It was a perfect breakfast for me...as I was literally enthralled by the panoramic and untamed beauty of nature as my backdrop. Still cold, I saw my mouth exhaled with fog as I talked....it was just simply mesmerizing!. It was an impressive journey.




I LAB YOU MT. TIMOLAN....!!!!!! MAMAHAW TAG OTRO DIHA SA IMONG TIILAN, PROMISE..KAY DI NAKO KA KAT KAT SA TAAS..... :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment