Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Being just Normal....


Of BIRTHDAYS & being FRUGAL

My previous birthdays were spent in a Hollywood scenarios. Three months bookings been done to ensure the success of the big day. A seven star hotel was on my dream, complete with high gourmet of Asian fusion ..the best amongst that life could offer. Inquiries were too harsh sometimes rigid, about where do I work and salaries. Knowingly that Filipinos stereotyped as the most frugal kind of people that worked abroad, I was fully been interviewed as if I can’t afford. Ahahahaha, as if!!!!

Next is the wheels of luxury, the king of the road, the vehicle to the stars- stretched limousine. Rented for one thousand dollars per hour, the car shimmers with quirks and decadence. The interiors flash with glaring sounds, a mirrored bar complete with champagne, wines and sodas. Ten of us were booked on that special day, the closest among the close friends.
The after party-selecting the hippest and the newest bar/disco in town to finally end up the birthday bash.
The ten who will share on my table were selected among friends, artists,nobles and and celebrities…but ended up on my friends mostly.

On that evening everybody dressed to the max, thy kingdom come. It was the merging of the fiercest spender in the city….gauging prominence on their arm blings—only HERMES and LOUIE VUITTONS were allowed.
The food were absolutely mouth watering, of course, it was so expensive duh!!!!!


The crowd was brilliant and sartorial too. Everything on that day seemed endlessly perfect….except my wallet!
I don’t mind at all, it was my fabulous birthday and who needs birthday celebration on the pathetic lowly indigestible, disgusting, cheap, shameful, tasteless, pedestrian stall in the forgettable alley….duh!!!!!
Lifestyle is a way of life, if you don’t have it…fake it!, buy it, borrow or still worst…steal it! Ahahahahahaha!
Did I mention that my friends never fake it?...rule number one: to be real.
We only have three rules actually:
1.  Are you famous dahling!( seen in glossy mags, high events)
2.  Do you travel to fab places..(London, Paris,Milan,New York)
3.  Do you have Hermes baby….!

No comments:

Post a Comment